Happy Holidays to my Greater Missouri Friends!
I hope that you’ve been in good health and that you’ve been able to spend quality time with your family and friends. As I reflect on all I’m thankful for, I consider Greater Missouri Leadership to be one of my many blessings. It’s been my honor and privilege to serve as the President of the Board of Directors for the past two years, and I’m pleased to share with you some of our key accomplishments:
- Elected a new Executive Committee effective January 1, 2018: President, Betsy Rodriguez, Barnes Jewish Hospital, East Region; Vice-President, Kim Becking, Looking Forward, Living Life, Central Region; Secretary, Darline Mabins, Arvest Bank, South Region; Treasurer, Marcelle Pires, Monsanto, East Region.
- Established Regional GMLC Alumnae groups in St. Louis and Columbia
- Formalized our dues structure
- Updated and revitalized our website www.greatermo.org
- Added a “mini session” in October that is open to all GMLC Alumnae as a way to provide value and keep alumnae engaged, and to add Springfield into the mix as a GMLC location. We will be offering our mini session again in October 2018!
- Celebrated the newest class of 35 GMLC 17 Challengers with a graduation ceremony at Boeing in early November.
- Hired a part-time administrative assistant.
- Improved recruiting that’s resulted in full classes, sometimes with a wait list.
This organization is run by our very talented and dedicated Executive Director, Jan Grossmann, but she would be the first to tell you that she couldn’t do it without our army of volunteers in each region. Each session agenda is created by our regional coordinator teams, and somehow each year is better than the one before it.
Thank you to each one of you who have stepped forward to provide your volunteer leadership that keeps our organization so vibrant! Thank you also to our generous sponsors! We couldn’t do this without all of us remaining engaged.
I encourage the new graduates and also the more “seasoned” alumnae to remain involved in GMLF. You can do this by submitting a nomination for a future Greater Missouri Leadership Challenger, by volunteering to serve on the regional coordinator team for your region, by joining your regional alumnae group at events, by attending alumnae events in your area, by sitting in on a session, and by paying your dues (that go towards scholarships to allow other deserving women to experience GMLC).
Please know your feedback is always welcomed by our board of directors and our executive director! Thank you for the honor of serving you for the past two years.
Executive Director Advancement Division, Columbia College